Course: Main Course
Diet: High Protein Vegetarian
recipe native ad 1
- 200 grams Button mushrooms , sliced
- 2 cups Spinach Leaves (Palak) , washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked for 8 hours
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 2 Onions , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Fresh red chilli peppers , finely chopped or green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 2 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
recipe inline ad 1
How to make Spinach Mushroom Chickpea Curry Recipe
- To begin making the Spinach Mushroom Chickpea Curry Recipe, wash and soak the chickpeas in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Transfer the chickpeas along with the water, add some salt and pressure cook for 6-8 whistles, reduce the flame and further cook for another 15 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally and set the chickpeas aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium flame, add the ginger garlic and saute for about a minute.
- Next add the onions, and cook them until they turn into a deep brown colour. This will take about 4-5 minutes.
- To this add the green chilies, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, salt and mix well.
- Once the spices are well combined, add in the mushrooms and tomato puree, cover and cook until it bubbles.
- Open the lid, add in the washed and cut spinach leaves and further cook till the spinach is completely cooked and combined.
- Finally, add in the coconut milk, the cooked chick peas and simmer the Spinach Mushroom Chickpea Curry on low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Once done, check the salt and seasonings and adjust to suit your taste. Turn off the heat and transfer the Spinach Mushroom Chickpea Curry into a serving bowl and add in finely chopped mint and coriander leaves as well. Serve hot.
- Serve hot Spinach Mushroom Chickpea Curry Recipe along with Dhaba Style Spicy Ghee Rice Recipe Made From Whole Spices and Pickled Onions followed by a dessert Whole Wheat Espresso Chocolate Streusel Cake Recipe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
recipe inline ad 2
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana’s Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.
recipe inline ad 3
end container-fluid ak-recipe